Senior Product Designer (UX)
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Design
As a Senior Product Designer at Method your role is to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and support design leadership make sense of the complex through research, testing, and crafting emotional experiences. In this role, you will design human experiences—conduct user and stakeholder interviews, help identify business opportunities, and address user needs through design. Senior Product Designers turn puzzling problems into solutions that are innovative, intuitive, and inspiring.
What you can expect to do here:
- Design digital solutions with different disciplines in a highly collaborative environment
- We thrive on being challenged. You will get to implement innovative solutions to simplify complex problems in a variety of sectors
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital product—this includes shaping project scope, shaping internal and external strategy, and conducting research. You will also take ownership of your area of expertise to anticipate user needs, validate concepts, and define product interactions and behaviors
- Directly impact studio culture. We are a fairly small team and we like to build relationships inside and outside of the studio
What you bring to the role:
- Experience designing and launching digital products. Your portfolio should reflect an exceptional foundation of research, user-centered design, and different prototyping and testing approaches
- A high consideration for the different needs of the user and the business, and the impact they have on each other
- Ability to create solutions that are centered around the humans and supported by data
- Making-as-thinking approach—rapid iteration through sketching, prototyping, and testing should feel like second nature
- A strong understanding of systems thinking, interaction patterns, and established user behaviors. You know the rules and when to break them to better serve the user
- A unique point of view. You are trusted to question approaches, processes, and strategy to better serve the team
- Curiosity in digital experiences as a whole: strategy, visual design, and new technologies
We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated. Individuals who have the ability to be fast learners and develop points of-view for a constantly changing product and service development landscape. We seek those that have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. At senior level, we look for leaders who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as get their hands dirty as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply