- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Design
Method is a global design firm. We use branding, design strategy, product and service design to support organizations in delivering value and meaningful experiences to market. From our offices in San Francisco, New York and London, we serve clients – ranging from startups to large organizations – that expect a strategic, collaborative process and end-to-end solutions.
As Creative Director at Method you’ll focus on shaping strategies and design solutions starting from a clear understanding of markets, business and enabling technologies, as well as a profound, empathetic immersion into people’s mindsets, needs and latent expectations. You’ll lead teams in defining interactions that occur at any dimension and scale: from single products or service touch-points, to large, complex services and systems including on- and off-line interactions.
Your project teams are multidisciplinary, comprised of designers with background in branding, research, strategy and business design, interaction design, visual design, industrial design, design technology and product management. They have in common strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving the most meaningful problems through design.
- Ability to understand business strategies, user research, market context.
- Ability to interpret, translate and extend existing brand, product and service guidelines in the context of developing new experiences.
- Experience planning and hosting collaborative workshops and work sessions with internal and external teams.
- Ability to contribute to strategic content for brand, service and product propositions working with strategy, visual and technology team members.
- Ability to create interaction model concepts, behaviors, early design routes and presentation materials that articulate strategic design intent.
- Proven experience building, managing, and sustaining successful teams
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- 10+ years experience in design consulting, spanning multiple industries and project types
- Graduate Degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Human Factor or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both in conversation and in writing), with an emphasis on pitching and presentations, running work-sessions, and articulating and defending design decisions
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated. Individuals who have the ability to be fast learners and develop points of view for a constantly changing product and service development landscape. We seek those that have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. At senior level, we look for leaders who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as get their hands dirty as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply