Designer - IxD
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Design
Method is a product & service strategy consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful, and human, and we work with great clients to create a better future.
Design and technology are at the core of our business. We use these as tools to take on complex challenges and identify unique and meaningful opportunities for our clients. Our team - based in both New York and London - work with a wide range of organizations, including startups, blue chip companies, nonprofits, government bodies, and more. We have partnered with clients in many industries, such as Healthcare, News & Media, Automotive, Aviation, Insurance, and Professional Services.
As an Interaction Designer at Method you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop compelling digital solutions. Under the supervision of design leadership, you will identify user needs, develop design direction and concepts, create interaction patterns for digital products and services, craft user journeys and service blueprints, and assist with client presentations and development-ready files.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team and design leadership in creating human-centered solutions
- Participate from beginning to end on projects, including design research, concept development, and design
- Explore a variety of design processes, prototyping and design tools, research and testing methods, and ways of communicating designs and thinking
- A good understanding of interaction design for digital products, information architecture, user research, usability testing, and communication of product and service interaction through documentation such as journeys and blueprints
- 2+ years in digital product design
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant training in user experience design, interaction design, HCI, or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter, curious, and motivated
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for digital product and/or service design
- Understanding of different design disciplines such as design strategy, technology, and visual design
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- A solid knowledge of design tools including Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite, and familiarity with prototyping tools like InVision, Principle, and Adobe XD
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our team members have the ability to listen, see value in other opinions, and are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. We look for proactive leaders who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
If you are a curious person that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply