- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: London
- Team: Design
Method is a global design firm. Together with GlobalLogic Method’s parent company, we provide product development at scale. We create value and impact through the design of meaningful brands, digital products and service experiences. Our work enables organisations to stay relevant and transform their ability to make, adapt and grow. From New York and London our team operates globally, supporting new and large organisations as strategic design advisors.
With deep expertise in research, strategy, design and technology, Method offers a rigorous, intelligent approach to solving increasingly complex brand problems in the physical and digital realms.
The Design team at Method is comprised of a diverse set of professionals with backgrounds including research, strategy, graphic design, business design, product development, and data science. What we all have in common is empathy for the human condition, love for experimenting with technology, a strong aesthetic viewpoint, and a mind for the realities of business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope out and conduct key business stakeholder and key user interviews to understand requirements and insights that shape product strategies and design decisions
- Create user experience goals and conceptual frameworks; user personas, related key user journeys and relevant flowcharts; information architecture and, as necessary, content strategies
- Come up with digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members and clients
- Show enthusiasm for iterative prototyping as an essential part of the design process
- Provide innovative interaction design solutions, exhibited in wireframes, annotations/specification documentation and prototypes
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Needed
- Solid work experience in a design research or design management role
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your systems thinking and core skills across a variety of client categories and interactive design formats & methodologies, e.g. websites, software applications, mobile/table UI and apps, TV set top box, interactive walls, touch/voice/gesture-based interactions models and personal projects
- Strong ability to think visually and collaborate seamlessly with Visual Designer as it pertains to both interactive and style element discussions
- Strong ability to think technically and collaborate seamlessly with Technologists as it pertains to understanding the benefits, possibilities and constraints of common languages and platforms; actual coding experience is a plus
- Fluency with common design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote) for the creation of Interaction Design artefacts and presentations
- Fluency with HTML5 to create prototypes across different medial including tablet, mobile, TV and web
- Familiarity, curiosity and knowledge of other technologies such as Arduino, Leap Motion, Processing and digital installations
- Eloquent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and your client, and provide sound consultations
- College Degree in a related field, such as Design, Design Management, Communication or Psychology, advanced degree a plus
Method employees are curious, empathetic, rigorous, and experimental. Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple disciplines and, in many cases, across studios and time zones. We seek thoughtful and friendly individuals who are smart, curious, well informed, and opinionated; individuals who are comfortable with fuzzy problems and work hard to make them into focus. If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply