Associate Director, Design Technology (Data Design)
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: London
- Team: Design Technology
Who we are
Method is an international strategic design agency with offices in London and New York. We help businesses solve the challenges of tomorrow through the practice of design thinking; helping them transform and adapt, discover new opportunities for products and services whilst ensuring that the exercise and solution delivers a unified brand experience.
Our work is transformational thanks to our interdisciplinary teams made up of exceptional individuals who value thoughtfulness, curiosity, creativity and diverse perspectives with a constant dedication to delivering human centric solutions.
Who you are
You are an experienced digital craftsperson who loves bringing concepts to life through working code with a strong interest and experience extracting meaning from data and communicating your findings through engaging and rich visualisations. You’re curious, passionate and eager to uncover hidden insights from data.
You are passionate and curious about what the future of human computer interaction looks like - you will also want to be involved in defining this future. You love bringing concepts to life through working code and particularly passionate about the user experience and, equally, systems thinking.
What you’ll do
- Exploring and building ‘intelligent’ tools and systems that empower our designers to move quicker and smarter
- Making advanced Artificial Intelligence (including Machine Learning) systems accessible, interactive and fun to use
- Using data to discover user insights and enhance the user experience
- Advocating the data design discipline by facilitating internal and external workshops and coaching the team
- Proactively research emerging techniques related to data design, such as computational and generative design, delivering proof of concepts and thought pieces
What you’ll bring with you
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Design, Computer Science, Data Science, Interactive Media or Engineering
- 3+ years of in a field of or related to data science, machine learning and/or data visualisation experience and competent with associated frameworks and tools (Pandas, Tensorflow, PyTorch, D3 etc)
- Experience and comfortable working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team and with clients
- Proficient with rapid prototyping methodologies and tools
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written, and possess the ability to distill challenging technical information into a form that is complete, accurate, and easy to understand
- Passionate about creating elegant and fluid experiences
- Strong desire to learn, understand, adapt and teach
… and a portfolio (and/or repos) to walk us through and demonstrate interest and experience.
We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated. Individuals who have the ability to be fast learners and develop points of view for a constantly changing product and service development landscape. We seek those that have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. At senior level, we look for leaders who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as get their hands dirty as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply