Client Services - Associate Director
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: London
- Team: Client Service
Method is an international strategic design agency with offices in London and New York. We solve business challenges through design thinking and create new products, services, and brand experiences. Method has enabled hundreds of businesses to outperform competitors through the creation of unified branding and communications, compelling user experiences, and smart, differentiated products and services across every consumer touch point: digital and within physical and immersive environments.
Client Services Practice
The Client Services Practice provides the foundation of our projects setting the tone for team collaboration and interaction. Our clients know us as their partners, advocates, and, at times, confidants. We translate their problems into sound business objectives, user needs, and solution requirements. Our teams see us as their champions who provide direction, guidance, and, at times protection. We defend their work and push them to make the work as best as it can be.
You are critical to the success of a project and the quality of deliverables. You are comfortable with complexity and able to navigate uncertainty. You are able to adapt and co-lead a project with a design lead—service design, product innovation, or product acceleration—through changing or challenging circumstances and adversity.
Our ideal candidate is a T-shaped generalist who is curious and passionate about design, systems, and emerging technologies. We expect them to have at least 10 years experience working in a creative, agency, or product company in the role of product manager, program manager, project manager, and/or clients services.
The responsibilities of the Associate Director of Client Services are:
- Own relationships with Client Product Owners and Client Project Managers at the Senior Manager level/Director level
- Serve as a strong business partner that he/she they can rely on for work related issues and support
- Understand the inner workings of the client organization and can help others at Method navigate the same
- Create connections between different parts of the client organization to help our client's agenda and to seek opportunity for organic growth
- Control every aspect of planning and implementing project approaches across multiple projects.
- Apply and educate others on different methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile) based on project/client needs
- Identify opportunities for account growth and drive the strategy to bring them to life
- Manage and monitor the budget for projects to keep it in scope and on budget
- Manage expectations with project teams and with internal leadership accordingly
- Author documentation that is used internally and by clients including Project Approach, Project Plans, Status Reports, Risk Tracking, Estimates & SOWs and COs
- Provide leadership to the project team so that they experiences you as their champion
- Defend the team’s work internally, including to Method leadership
- Possess a strong understanding of each team member's strengths and challenges and use this knowledge to get the best out of each team member
- Set the tone for team collaboration, respect, and interaction
- Offer ongoing mentorship to others on the Client Services team
- Partner with the Client Services Director with account growth opportunities and to continue to build and evolve a strong, effective client services team
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to galvanise and inspire others
- Not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Collaborative working approach, listens to the team and brings them on the journey to deliver high quality deliverables
- High level of personal awareness and appreciation of the skills of others
- Active participant in discussions and across the Method studio
- Collaborates cross-disciplines in order to solve problems and deliver quality outcomes
- Demonstrates empathy for client and Method business goals and has the ability to balance both
- Appreciates the context of a project and is able to see what further actions will help a client succeed
- Great communication, able to deal with challenging projects and people
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply